The Boat Operations and Training (BOAT) Program establishes a U.S. Coast Guard recognized national standard for the training, qualification, credentialing and typing of marine law enforcement and emergency first responders. Adoption and implementation of the program provides a true national standard for maritime interoperability at all government levels. Standardization ensures maritime agencies can interact together and will bolster their ability to act as force multipliers nationwide.
Adapted from the U.S. Coast Guard’s Boat Forces training framework, the BOAT Program is comprised of vital maritime training and management components, including:
- System Policy
- The Training and Qualification Process
- Boat Crew Qualification Tasks
- Program Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Boat Crew Currency Maintenance
- Documentation Requirements