By Sareth Neak, President & Publisher, Maritime Security Outlook
Late last Friday afternoon, the FEMA Grant Office announced the Port Security Grant Program's Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). It is quite late compared to the usual April dates of past year, but not much has changed. Except for a new rule that allows grant writer services as a pre-award cost. The total award will be $100 million as many has predicted. The application submission deadline is June 22nd with the award date of Sept. 1st. Performance period remains at 36 months and the cost share is 25% for the recipient.
Here are the basic documents: For more detail, please go to https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/132000
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Port Security Grant Program (PSGP
- Fiscal Year 2017 Port Security Grant Program Fact Sheet
- Fiscal Year 2017 Port Security Grant Program Changes for 2017
- Port Security Grant Program Investment Justification
- Port Security Grant Program FAQ
Please let us know if you need any help and guidance. FYI, look out for another article with details on an upcoming conference call with FEMA to discuss the PSGP.